The one year courses are modular; students may choose to take the first year or both the first year and second year courses. We offer these two specializations:
- Fashion and garment design
- Fashion and accessory (footwear and bags) design
Students learn to become autonomous in the development of a collection and complete a collection.
The courses includes
Research methodology, planning and completion of a collection. Theory of fashion and accessories. Drawing techniques for accessories and clothing. Overview of material and construction techniques: textiles, leathers and knitwear. How to draw inspiration out of the classroom. The fashion system as a whole and the trend, design, manufacturing and sales cycles. Management of the brand: distribution and sales. The courses teach the technical and stylistic fundamentals of fashion across the board, for both garments and accessories. Learn, create and manage: these are the key phases in the creation of a successful collection, both commercially and in terms of design. We take students through each process. Students have access to the Milan Style Academy’s contacts in the fashion industry for internships and visits. Guided cultural and factory visits are an important part of our courses. We encourage our students to become autonomous and responsible as they will be in the real world.
Who should attend
- Lovers of fashion with an interest in learning the profession of fashion and accessory design from those who practice what they teach at the highest level
- Aspiring designers wanting a career change and have the time to take a comprehensive course that takes you from A to Z of this exciting profession
- Fashion and culture enthusiasts keen to give full expression to their passion